Dibrugarh University, located in Dibrugarh, Assam offers various courses and programs across different disciplines. One such program is the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course, which prepares aspiring teachers for a career in education. Interested candidates are required to appear for the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Dibrugarh University.
An invited application from Dibrugarh University has released an official admission notification regarding admission to the Bachelor of Education program. In this article, we will explore the details of the Dibrugarh University B.Ed Admission 2023 and the Common Entrance Test.
Table of Content
- 1 Dibrugarh University B.Ed Admission Overview
- 2 Dibrugarh University B.Ed Admission Details
- 3 Application Fee for DU B.Ed Admission
- 4 How to Apply for Dibrugarh University B.Ed Admission?
- 5 Steps to apply for DU B.Ed Admission
- 6 Important Dates of Dibrugarh University B.Ed Admission
- 7 Important Links of DU B.Ed Admission
- 8 Selection Procedure for DU B.Ed Admission
- 9 Syllabus of DU B.Ed Entrance Test
- 10 Exam Centres of Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Dibrugarh University B.Ed Admission Overview
|Exam Name||Common Entrance Test|
|Course Name||Bachelor of Education|
|Exam Date||5th July 2023|
|Start Date||24th May 2023|
|Last Date||6th June 2023|
|Result Date||13th July 2023|
Dibrugarh University has declared the results of the B.Ed Common Entrance Test (B.Ed CET), 2023 on 13th July 2023. Students who appeared in the entrance exam on 5th July 2023 can check their results from the official web portal. Click here to check B.Ed CET 2023 Results.
Dibrugarh University B.Ed Admission Details
Name of Exam: B.Ed Common Entrance Test (B.Ed CET), 2023
Name of Programme: Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
Duration of Programme: 2 Years
Academic Session: 2023-24
Name of University: Dibrugarh University
Type of Exam: OMR-based Written Exam
Date of Exam: 5th July 2023 (Wednesday)
Duration of Exam: 1 Hour 30 Minutes (11 AM to 12:30 PM)
✅ Related: Latest Dibrugarh University News
Educational Qualification: Candidate with at least 50% marks (in Aggregate) either in the Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities; OR Bachelor’s in Engineering / Technology of Dibrugarh University, or any other University recognized by Dibrugarh University with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the program.
✅ Note: A candidate securing 50% marks or more in the Honours/ Major subject but less than 50% in aggregate in all the courses/ papers of the Bachelor’s degree will not be eligible for admission to B.Ed. the program, as the requirement is 50% marks in the aggregate.
✅ Relaxation: In the eligibility criteria, a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks shall be provided to the candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC/MOBC/ PWD categories. OR have a minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a school recognized at least up to the 10th standard by the Board of Secondary Education, Assam.
Application Fee for DU B.Ed Admission
Students have to pay Rs.700/- (Rupees Seven Hundred Fifty Only) as an application fee to complete the online application process for Dibrugarh University B.Ed Common Entrance Test, 2023.
Mode of Payment: Students need to pay the application fee through an online payment gateway using their ATM card, Internet Banking or UPI. Note that no other mode of payment is accepted.
How to Apply for Dibrugarh University B.Ed Admission?
As per the notification details, Students who have met the eligibility criteria may submit their application for the entrance test through the official portal of Dibrugarh University. Students can follow the steps listed below to complete their application process.
Steps to apply for DU B.Ed Admission
- ➡️ Scroll down, and check the Important Link section.
- ➡️ Click on Online Application Link.
- ➡️ The candidate shall be required to register in the portal by entering their Full Name, Username, Password, and Mobile Number to login.
- ➡️ The candidate will get an Activation Code in the Mobile Number which is to be entered for Activation.
- ➡️ After Activation, the candidate shall be required to log in with his/ her username and password and shall be required to fill up the Online Application Form with correct and appropriate information.
- ➡️ The applicant shall have to pay the B.Ed. CET Fee through the online payment gateway by using a Debit (ATM) Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking during the submission of the form.
- ➡️ The applicant can save and review the information entered before submission, which can be edited on subsequent login. However, after submission, editing of information shall not be possible.
- ➡️ On submission of the Online Application Form by an applicant, an Admit Card with a Unique Roll Number shall be generated against each successful submission of the Application. The Candidate shall have to take a printout of the Admit Card and bring the same to the Examination Hall on the Date of the Test for verification.
✅ Required Documents to Apply Online
Candidates are required to upload the following scanned files in the appropriate file format to complete the online application process for the Dibrugarh University B.Ed Entrance Exam.
|1||Passport Size Photograph|
|2||Signature of the Candidate|
Important Dates of Dibrugarh University B.Ed Admission
|Application Start Date||24th May 2023|
|Application Last Date||6th June 2023|
|Entrance Test||5th July 2023|
|Result Declaration||by 20th July 2023|
|Admission Date||Notified Later|
Important Links of DU B.Ed Admission
|Check B.Ed CET Result||Click Here|
|Online Application Link||Click Here|
|Download Official Notification||Click Here|
|Visit Official Website||Click Here|
Selection Procedure for DU B.Ed Admission
Candidate selection for admission to B.Ed program in any educational institution under Dibrugarh University will be based on the following criteria.
✅ A Common Entrance Test (CET) is to be conducted centrally, which will carry a maximum of 70 marks.
✅ The career performance will carry a maximum of 30 marks, on the basis of the percentage secured in the HSLC, HS, the First Degree and/or Master’s Degree Examination.
✅ 10% of the percentage of marks secured in HSLC, HS, Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree Examination shall be considered as career performance in each examination.
Syllabus of DU B.Ed Entrance Test
Date of Exam: 5th July 2023 (Wednesday).
Time of Exam: 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Duration of Exam: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
|General English||15 Marks|
|General Knowledge||25 Marks|
|Test of Reasoning||10 Marks|
|Numerical Ability||10 Marks|
|Teaching Aptitude||10 Marks|
|Total Marks||70 Marks|
Exam Centres of Dibrugarh University B.Ed CET
The Common Entrance Test of Dibrugarh University for B.Ed admission will be conducted in the following Test Centres.
|Name of Centre||Centre Code|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A: The duration of the B.Ed program at Dibrugarh University is typically two years.
A: Yes, candidates with a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university are eligible to apply for the B.Ed program.
A: There is no specific age limit mentioned for B.Ed admission at Dibrugarh University. Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria can apply irrespective of their age.
A: Yes, Dibrugarh University provides reserved seats for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per government norms and regulations.
A: Currently, Dibrugarh University does not offer the B.Ed program through distance education mode.
A: 6th June 2023 is the last date for Dibrugarh University B.Ed Admission.